Ontario Women's Health Scholar AwardsFunded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, a Scholar Awards Program in Women's Health has been established to ensure that Ontario attracts and retains pre-eminent women's health scholars. The community of women's health scholars fostered by this Awards program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge about women's health and its translation into improved health for women, more effective health services and products for women, and a strengthened health care system.
- Master’s Awards - $25,000 for one year, plus a $1,000 research allowance
- Doctoral Awards - $35,000 for one year, plus a $2,000 research allowance
- Postdoctoral Awards - $50,000 for one year, plus a $5,000 research allowance
Deadlines are set by COU and each institution is allowed to submit up to two (2) applications at the master’s level, two (2) at the doctoral level, and two (2) at the postdoctoral level:
- September – Competition opens and application is available
- December 1 – Application deadline for students to submit to SGPS
- January – SGPS Executive Committee convenes
- January 31 – Institutional deadline to submit nominations to COU
- How to Apply: Online Application
- Completed applications (electronic or hard copy) must be submitted to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (Erin Daley firstname.lastname@example.org). Electronic copies of the official transcripts will be accepted. If submitting the application electronically, please submit the completed application in ONE .pdf.
- Referees may forward hard copy appraisals or electronic copies directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (Erin Daley email@example.com).