Applied Health SciencesGraduate Diploma (GDip)
Program Contact1201 Western Rd
This flexible, fully-online graduate diploma prepares learners to excel and work adaptively in this rapidly changing environment and contribute to the complex problem-solving required by the health challenges of today and tomorrow. This program is ideal for individuals seeking skills that will prepare them to:
- Adapt rapidly to changes in health care systems
- Remain competitive in their existing role and practice
- Pivot into a new, more challenging position
- Thrive in inter-professional teams
- 3 Terms
- Part-time study
- Fully online
Applicants must meet the following admission requirements in order to apply:
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in the area of health sciences, from an accredited university, college or institute
- Minimum B average based on the last two years or 20 half credits of study
- Learners who hold an undergraduate degree, or equivalent, in an unrelated field and have at least two years of appropriate, full-time employment experience in the health sciences may be admitted on a case-by-case basis
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum TOEFL score of 620 (paper-based), 105 (internet-based), 260 (computer-based). [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Minimum acceptable score of 8.0 (in both writing and the overall score) is required.
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Minimum acceptable score is 80 on each section and an overall score of 85.
- The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). Minimum acceptable score is 60.
- Fanshawe College's ESL Program. The requirement is graduation from Level 10, English for Academic Purposes, with a minimum 80% in all components.
- For the fall 2022 application, the Duolingo English Test will be accepted with a minimum score of 135.
- May 31 - Acceptance notification by mid-June